Thursday, March 31, 2011

SAINT ALPHONSUS LIGUORI


 Alphonsus Liguori went to law school at age sixteen, becoming a very well-known lawyer. He was thinking of leaving the profession, and wrote to someone: "My friend, our profession is too full of difficulties and dangers; we lead an unhappy life and run risk of dying an unhappy death. For myself, I will quit this career, which does not suit me; for I wish to secure the salvation of my soul." At the age of twenty-seven, after having lost an important case - the first he had lost in eight years of practicing law - he made a firm resolution to leave the profession of law.

He who does not give up prayer cannot possibly continue to offend God Habitually. Either he will give up prayer, or he will stop sinning. -- St. Alphonsus Liguori


"He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters." --Luke 11:23

"Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be my people; and walk in all the way that I command you, that it may be well with you." (Jeremiah 7:23)

Harden not your hearts, as on the day when your fathers tested me, and put me to the proof, though they had seen my work.  (Psalm 95:8-9).

Father in heaven, I come into your presence with thanksgiving with a joyful noise and songs of praise!

In worship, I humbly bow down and kneel before you my Lord, my maker. You are my God and I am the sheep of your hand. I listen to your voice, for you alone is all I need.

With much love and gratitude I pray in Jesus Name. Amen.