Friday, April 1, 2011

No Extraordinary Thing except to Love God!

"You are not far 
from the kingdom of God."
Mark 12:34

God does not require of us extraordinary things. -- The Cure of Ars

St. Jean-Baptiste-Marie Vianney. The miracles recorded by his biographers are of three classes:

    * first, the obtaining of money for his charities and food for his orphans;
    * secondly, supernatural knowledge of the past and future;
    * thirdly, healing the sick, especially children.

The greatest miracle of all was his life. He practised mortification from his early youth. And for forty years his food and sleep were insufficient, humanly speaking, to sustain life. And yet he laboured incessantly, with unfailing humility, gentleness, patience, and cheerfulness, until he was more than seventy-three years old.

Whoever is wise, let him understand these things; whoever is discerning, let him know them; for the ways of the LORD are right, and the upright walk in them, but transgressors stumble in them (Hosea 14:9).

There shall be no strange god among you; you shall not bow down to a foreign god. I am the LORD your God, who brought you up. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it (Psalm 81:9-10).

It is I who answer and look after you. From me comes your fruit (Hosea 14:8). In distress you called, and I delivered you; I answered you in the secret place; I tested you (Psalm 81:7). I relieved your shoulder of the burden; your hands were freed from the basket (Psalm 81:6).

I will heal their faithlessness; I will love them freely, for my anger has turned from them (Hosea 14:4).

Father in heaven, I love you with all my heart, and with all my soul, and with all my mind, and with all my strength!

Take away all iniquity; accept that which is good and I will render the fruit of my lips. I will say no more, `My God,' to the work of my hands for in you, I have found mercy.
(Hosea 14:2-3).

Give me the grace to love all your people whoever they may be. Create in me a compassionate heart for the poor and the needy. Make me a friend to those who seek your guidance and care.

You are the only One True God for me who keeps me close and near through my Lord Jesus Christ. He makes all things possible for a sinner like me to have access to you.