Sunday, April 3, 2011

Worldly Possessions

"Do you believe in the Son of man?"
John 9:35

The love of worldly possessions is a sort of bird line, which entangles the soul, and prevents it flying to God. -- St. Augustine

Restore my soul O God, and lead me in paths of righteousness for your name's sake (Psalm 23:3).

Christ shall give you Light
Ephesians 5:14

Once you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord; walk as children of light (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true), and try to learn what is pleasing to the Lord. (Ephesians 5:8-10)

Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them. For it is a shame even to speak of the things that they do in secret; but when anything is exposed by the light it becomes visible, for anything that becomes visible is light. (Ephesians 5:11-13)

"You have seen him, and it is he who speaks to you" 
John 9:37

"Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for the LORD sees not as man sees; man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart" (1 Samuel 16:7).

Father in heaven, there is nothing that I want other than you!

I believe in Jesus Christ your son, my Lord and Savior, who makes it all possible for me as a sinner to praise and glorify your name.

Thank you for the abundance of blessings that you continue to provide me. I have begun to see the light of fulfillment for all the wishes and desires of my heart.

With you my God, there is nothing impossible nor there is anything that I should fear. All your works are meant to give me protection and comfort.

Your goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in your house for ever.

In Jesus Name I humbly worship and pray. Amen