Monday, April 11, 2011

Behaving towards God

Have you no fear of God, no reverence for him?
Job 15:4

Before prayer, endeavor to realize whose Presence you are approaching, and to whom you are about to speak. We can never fully understand how we ought to behave towards God, before whom the angles tremble. -- St. Teresa of Avila

My office table where I do my daily reading, reflection and prayers were full of things that I have not yet sorted out as I spent my whole weekend cleaning up this room that I occupied for my work and business.

Somehow, I was first moved to clean the table before I started my daily reading, reflection and prayers to my Lord. I did this so that my mind and heart could focused clean and refreshed to my God without catching sight of any disorderly surroundings. Moreover is the reverence I have for my Lord in this place where I seek to communicate with Him in prayer.

After I have set the table right so to speak, I began my first order of the day, and that is to open and set my computer to EWTN's Daily Scriptures.

As I read the message of St. Teresa of Avila, I know that the first acts of work I did of cleaning up before praying is led by the Spirit of the Lord that dwells within me.

God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints, and to be had in reverence of all them that are about him. -- Psalm 89:7

Father in heaven, you are my God who is worthy of all praise and thanksgiving!

I offer you my place of work, use it for your glory. Bring glory to the work of my hands for you alone is all I need to bring to fulfillment the wishes and desires of my heart.

May the Spirit of my Lord be always upon me in whatever I say and do for only through Him can I be made pleasing to you.

In Jesus Name, I give you back all the honor as I thank you for all my answered prayers.