Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hear the Lord

"Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. 
I knew that thou hearest me always."
John 11:41-42

It is better for a man to be silent and be [a Christian], than to talk and not to be one. It is good to teach, if he who speaks also acts. There is then one Teacher, who spake and it was done; while even those things which He did in silence are worthy of the Father. He who possesses the word of Jesus, is truly able to hear even His very silence, that he may be perfect, and may both act as he speaks, and be recognized by his silence. -- St. Ignatius

If Christ is in you, although your bodies are dead because of sin, your spirits are alive because of righteousness (Romans 8:10).

Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I will open your graves, and raise you from your graves, O my people; and I will bring you home into the land of Israel. And you shall know that I am the LORD, when I open your graves, and raise you from your graves, O my people. (Ezekiel 37:12-13)

So they took away the stone. And Jesus lifted up his eyes and said, "Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. I knew that thou hearest me always, but I have said this on account of the people standing by, that they may believe that thou didst send me" (John 11:41-42).

When he had said this, he cried with a loud voice, "Laz'arus, come out."  The dead man came out, his hands and feet bound with bandages, and his face wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, "Unbind him, and let him go." Many of the Jews therefore, who had come with Mary and had seen what he did, believed in him;  (John 11:43-45).

"I will put my Spirit within you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land; then you shall know that I, the LORD, have spoken, and I have done it, says the LORD" (Ezekiel 37:14).

If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will give life to your mortal bodies also through his Spirit which dwells in you (Romans 8:11).

Yes, Lord; I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, he who is coming into the world! (John 11:27)

"I am the resurrection and the life; 
he who believes in me, 
though he die, yet shall he live, 
and whoever lives and believes in me 
shall never die. 
Do you believe this?" 
John 11:25-26