Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Path of Repentance

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, 
and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
Matthew 23:12

A third path of repentance consists of prayer that is fervent, careful and comes from the heart. A fourth path of repentance is almsgiving, whose power is great and far-reaching. A fifth way, moreover, if a man lives a modest humble life, takes away sin. -- St. John Chrysostom

Wash yourselves; make yourselves clean; remove the evil of your doings from before my eyes; cease to do evil, learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; defend the fatherless, plead for the widow (Isaiah 1:16-17).

He who brings thanksgiving as his sacrifice honors me; to him who orders his way aright I will show the salvation of God! (Psalm 50:23)

Father in heaven, please forgive me for I have sinned.

Though my sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool (Isaiah 1:18).

I hear your word my LORD, and give ear to your teaching my God (Isaiah 1:10). Teach me to be willing and obedient, that I may eat the good of the land (Isaiah 10:19).