Wednesday, March 30, 2011

SAINT ALPHONSUS LIGUORI


Nothing but self-will 
can separate us from God. 
St. Alphonsus Liguori

"He who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven." --Matthew 5:19

I have taught you statutes and ordinances, as the LORD my God commanded me (Deuteronomy 4:5).

"Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfil them" (Matthew 5:17).

He declares his word, his statutes and ordinances (Psalm 147:19).  He sends forth his command to the earth; his word runs swiftly. (Psalm 147:15).

"For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished" (Matthew 5:18).

Give heed to the statutes and the ordinances which I teach you, and do them; that you may live (Deuteronomy 4:1).  Keep them and do them; for that will be your wisdom and your understanding  (Deuteronomy 4:5).

Take heed, and keep your soul diligently, lest you forget the things which your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life; make them known to your children and your children's children  (Deuteronomy 4:9).

Praise the LORD! Praise my God! (Psalm 147:12)

There has never been a God so near to me as you my LORD, whenever I call upon you (Deuteronomy 4:7).

Deal with me according to your word (Psalm 147:20). So righteous is your law, statutes and ordinances which you have set before me this day (Deuteronomy 4:8).

Praise the LORD!

In Jesus Name. Amen.