Friday, March 11, 2011

Daily Actions and Behavior

The days will come, 
when the bridegroom 
is taken away from them, 
and then they will fast. 
Matthew 9:15

They seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as if they were a nation that did righteousness and did not forsake the ordinance of their God; they ask of me righteous judgments, they delight to draw near to God (Isaiah 58:2).

In the day of your fast you seek your own pleasure, and oppress all your workers. You fast only to quarrel and to fight and to hit with wicked fist. Fasting like yours this day will not make your voice to be heard on high (Isaiah 58:3-4).

Is such the fast that I choose, a day for a man to humble himself? (Isaiah 58:5)

Let us detach ourselves in spirit from all that we see and cling to that which we believe. This is the cross which we must imprint on all our daily actions and behavior. -- St. Peter Damian

Father in heaven, I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Please forgive me for I have sinned, and done that which is evil in your sight. You desire truth in my inward being, teach me wisdom in my sacred heart (Psalm 51:3-6).