Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Life is full of Temptations

"Should not you have had mercy 
on your fellow servant, 
as I had mercy on you?"
Matthew 18:23

We are reduced, brought low everywhere in the world this day because of our sins (Daniel 3:37).

Earthly life is a pilgrimage, and as such it is full of temptations. But our spiritual growth is worked out in temptation. By experiencing temptations, we know ourselves. By fighting them we have a chance to become winners. By overcoming them, we are crowned victors. Lord, you are our physician, healing the ills of all. -- St. Augustine

Good and upright is the LORD; therefore he instructs sinners in the way. He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble his way (Psalm 25:8-9).

Make me to know thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me, for thou art the God of my salvation; for thee I wait all the day long. (Psalm 25:4-5)

Remember not the sins of my youth, or my transgressions; according to thy steadfast love remember me, for thy goodness' sake, O LORD! (Psalm 25:7)

But with contrite heart and humble spirit let us be received; let our sacrifice be in your presence today as we follow you unreservedly; for those who trust in you cannot be put to shame. (Daniel 3:39-40).

Be mindful of thy mercy, O LORD, and of thy steadfast love, for they have been from of old (Psalm 25:6). Do not take away your mercy from us (Daniel 3:35). Do not let us be put to shame, but deal with us in your kindness and great mercy (Daniel 3:42).

For your name's sake, do not deliver us up forever, or make void your covenant (Daniel 3:34). Deliver us by your wonders, and bring glory to your name, O Lord. (Daniel 3:43)

And now we follow you with our whole heart, we fear you and we pray to you (Daniel 3:41).

In Jesus Name. Amen.