Wednesday, March 16, 2011

PIETY IN THE HOME

"This generation is an evil generation; 
it seeks a sign, 
but no sign shall be given to it 
except the sign of Jonah. 
For as Jonah became a sign 
to the men of Nin'eveh, 
so will the Son of man be 
to this generation." 
Luke 11:29-30

The home must be in accord with the Church, that all harmful influences be withheld from the souls of children. Where there is true piety in the home, purity of morals reigns supreme. - St. John Vianney 

Then the word of the LORD came to Jonah the second time, saying, "Arise, go to Nin'eveh, that great city, and proclaim to it the message that I tell you" (Jonah 3:1-2).

And the people of Nin'eveh believed God; they proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them to the least of them (Jonah 3:5).

When God saw what they did, how they turned from their evil way, God repented of the evil which he had said he would do to them; and he did not do it (Jonah 3:10).

Father in heaven, I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done that which is evil in thy sight, so that thou art justified in thy sentence and blameless in thy judgment (Psalm 51:3-4).

Restore to me the joy of thy salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit. Then I will teach transgressors thy ways, and sinners will return to thee (Psalms 51:12-13).



With my love and respect I pray, in Jesus Name. Amen.