Sunday, December 30, 2012

BLESSED JULIAN OF NORWICH

"The cause of all this pain is sin. 
But all shall be well, 
and all manner of thing shall be well."  

Julian of Norwich (ca. 8 November 1342 – ca. 1416) was an English anchoress who is regarded as one of the most important Christian mystics. She is venerated in the Anglican and Lutheran churches, but has never been canonized, or officially beatified, by the Catholic Church, probably because so little is known of her life aside from her writings, including the exact date of her death. There is also scholarly debate as to whether Julian was a nun in a nearby convent, or even a laywoman. (Wikipedia)

ALL SHALL BE WELL

Because of our good Lord's tender love to all those who shall be saved, he quickly comforts them saying, "The cause of all this pain is sin. But all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well." These words were said so kindly and without a hint of blame.So how unjust it would be for me to blame God for allowing my sin when he does not blame me for falling into it. -- Blessed Julian of Norwich

Lord, in you I am full and complete! Be merciful to me a sinner and look not at my sins but on your great love for me that brought you to the cross. You are my one true God worthy of all honor and praises now and forever. Amen.

Entries:12/1/11-6:54AM